How do I authorize Cubase LE?
Cubase LE is authorized on the Steinberg website. Go to this page to get started.
Are TASCAM drivers compatible with Mavericks 10.9.5 and Yosemite?
According to Apple, OS X 10.9.5 includes heightened security measures that will also be part of OS X 10.10. These security measures will affect some TASCAM audio interfaces, so users are advised to be aware, and hold off on updating until further information is available
These products use Apple's built in CoreAudio driver. The Settings Panel installer is fully compliant with Apple's latest security measures.
The latest drivers are compliant, but testing is ongoing for these products:
The OS X 10.9 public beta drivers can continue to be used for these interfaces:
Cannot be used with the current driver (public or beta):
- IF-FW/DMmkII: Development is on-going and a version that is compliant with the new security measures will be made available as soon as possible. Please keep your system at 10.9.4 or earlier if you wish to continue to use the IF-FW/DMmkII.
- TASCAM Mixer Companion: Gatekeeper Security must be set to "allow all" for TMCompanion to be installed. It can be reverted to higher security settings after installation.
- Other audio interface products not mentioned are no longer supported.
Can I use multiple US-1641s, or US-1641 with US-2000, etc?
No, you can only use one of these interfaces at once.
How do I register my copy of Cubase LE?
Please be aware that this activation system is designed and controlled by Steinberg and not TASCAM.
- Install Cubase LE 4 or Cubase LE 5
- Make sure that your computer has a working Internet connection. This connection is necessary to activate the license because the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) needs to register with our license server.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the eLCC installed. Click here to download
- Open the eLicense Control Center (eLCC) software and make a note of your Soft-eLicenser number
- Create a user account in the MySteinberg area. If you already have one, please go to step 7.
- The "My Steinberg" area can be found on the Steinberg home page
- Check your email and activate your user account by clicking the link in the confirmation email
- Log in to your MySteinberg account, and click on "Activation & Reactivation", choose "Cubase LE 4" or "Cubase LE 5" and select "Permanent Activation". Enter your Soft-eLicenser and choose your hardware manufacturer
- You will receive an email containing the activation code
- Launch the eLicenser Control Center software. Click the "Enter Activation Code" button to download the license for your Steinberg product to the Soft-eLicenser. To do this, enter the required activation code into the corresponding field. Follow the instructions on screen.
The process above is taken directly from the Steinberg website. Cubase LE4 Cubase LE5
If you are still having problems after following the above instructions, consider posting a message on the Cubase.Net forum
How can I order a copy of the Cubase LE disc that I lost?
The complimentary software was supplied to us by Steinberg in limited quantities.These quantities only enabled us to include 1 copy with each unit sold.
Has this interface been tested in Windows 8?
This interface was tested with Windows 8 and no problems were found. It is approved for use with Windows 8.
I have a computer with Windows Media Center OS installed. Will this work for computer DAW recording?
Quite a few audio manufacturers seem to have a problem with the Media Center version of that OS. See this page for a list of manufacturers. You should consider using the product with a standard XP installation.