1-in/2-out Audio & MIDI Interface with HDDA Mic Preamps and iOS Compatibility
TASCAM’s US-1x2 brings great quality desktop recording to a price never before possible. It features a high-quality Ultra-HDDA microphone preamp as well as a 1/4” line input - switchable to instrument level for guitar or bass.
In addition, both stereo line inputs and outputs are found on the rear panel for fast an easy connection of all of your exisitng audio gear. The unique design of the bio-cell side panels angles the US-1x2 up from the desktop for easier usability and - to make sure that you are up and running in minutes - both Steinberg Cubase LE and Cubasis LE are also included.
|Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamps for Clear Audio Quality from All of Your Mics|
TASCAM's own Ultra-HDDA mic preamps are the cleanest, quietest, and best-sounding from any interface in their range. A gain range of 57dB makes them ideal for any type of mic – dynamic, condenser, or ribbon. With preamp performance well beyond any interfaces in their price range, the Ultra-HDDA preamp on the US-1x2 makes your tracks sound like a record.
- Discrete Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamp Delivers Low Noise and Low Distortion
TASCAM's Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamp design is based on discrete components, just like classic professional gear. They achieve an incredible EIN rating of -125 dBu, meaning their noise level is practically below the range of hearing. Other impressive specs include a signal-to-noise ratio of 101 dB, out-speccing anything in its price range. But instead of judging the design merely by test measurments, key components were selected following extensive listening tests.
- XLR and TRS Accept Balanced Mic and Line Level Signals
The mic input features a professional XLR connector, which supplies +48V phantom power for condenser microphones. Built from heavy duty metal throughout, the US-1x2 stays put even when moving mics around and changing connections.
The combo input jack includes TRS inputs for balanced line-level signals from professional processors and synthesizers. Finally, the two inputs can be switched to high-impedance for direct recording of electric guitar and bass. (Only the XLR or 1/4" input can be used, not both at the same time.)
- Wide Gain Range Supports Dynamic and Ribbon Microphones
- Non-powered mics like dynamic and ribbon designs can sound great, but they also have a lower output level than condenser microphones. The US-1x2's Ultra HDDA mic preamps not only feature 57dB of gain, but also a low-noise design so you don't crank up the noise at the same time. Plug in modern or classic mics and still get plenty of level on your tracks.
|Simple Operation and an All-New USB Driver|
Installation of the US-1x2 a breeze, whether usnig the built-in class-complient driver or the high-performance ASIO or Core Audio drivers. Built from the ground up for superior audio performance, the software and driver suite of theTASCAM US-1x2 will kep your sessions running fast and smooth.
Also included with the driver software is a simple-to-use on-screen control panel, which monitors and adjusts critical interface settings.
- High Resolution Recording up to 96kHz/24-bit
The US-1x2 records at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. Even if your target is CD or MP3, recording at higher resolutions gives you more to work with in the mix and can result in a smoother sound. Ensuring studio quality audio performance, the mic preamps and A/D converters work together to capture the clearest signal path, whether you work at 96k or at lower sampling rates.
- USB 2.0 Computer Connection
- USB 2.0, found on nearly any computer, is used as the interface for the US-1x2. Simply connect the interface to any available USB port to supply plenty of bandwidth, even for multichannel 96k work.
- Zero-latency Direct Monitoring Function
- Even the most efficient computers and DAW software can produce a slight delay before reaching the outputs, which can distract some vocalists and instrumentalists. A Direct Monitoring path is included to monitor the input signal before it is sent to the computer. This allows musicians to concentrate on their performance instead of adjusting for latency delay.
|Sleek industrial design that inspires creativity with a practical interface|
Bio-Cell Side Panels Add Style and Ergonomic Design
The US-1x2 features removable Bio-Cell Side Panels developed by renowned industrial designers The Box. These unique panels serve a dual purpose and add a striking look to the interface as well as angling it on the desktop for increased usability.
The angled design is optmized for deskptop viewing and operation much more comfortable than other interfaces with controls on the top or front of the device. The unique design of the TASCAM US series places these at a natural angle, making operation easier and keeping the creative flow going.
- Separate Volume Controls for Headphones and Line Outputs
The US-1x2 includes both headphone and line output volume controls. Even when both powered monitors and headphones are connected, the user can set an optimum level for each during operation. And when you want to work on headphones, you don't need to reach around to switch off your monitors.
|Class-Compliant Drivers for use with iPad and Other Tablets|
The US-1x2 is built with class-compliant drivers built into the units. Not only does this mean that they can be used with many computers without first installing a driver, they also open the possibilities of with tablets such as Apple's iPad.
- Connect to iPad, iPhone, or other iOS devices
Use Apple's Camera Connection Kit to connect the US-1x2 to an iPad or other iOS device. Utilitze the multichannel audio with any of the thousands of iOS audio apps, like Garage Band or TASCAM's Portastudio app. Class Compliant drivers also allow the interfaces to be used with Android and Windows-based tablets. Playback form the iPad, such as synthesizer apps, sound bigger and smoother through the interface than going through the headphone output alone.
- Tested with Sonar, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, and Garage Band
TASCAM has tested the interface operation with all leading DAW software, such as SONAR, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One and Garage Band. Use the interfaces with your favorite Mac or Windows recording applications, not just the bundled apps.
|Bundled DAW Software Starts The Music Right Out of the Box|
To make sure that you are able to get up and recording as quickly as possible, the TASCAM US-1x2 comes bundled with copies of both Steinberg Cubase LE and Cubasis LE.
- CUBASE LE / CUBASIS LE — Advanced DAWs for PC or iOS
With Cubase LE you can turn your Mac or PC into a beautiful and easy-to-use music studio. This compact DAW offers you all the basic tools for recording, editing and mixing everything from the initial musical idea to the final track. Cubase LE assists you during the creative process — whether you are a songwriter, guitar player, vocalist or electronic music producer, Cubase has the right tools and features at hand.
Cubasis LE is the compact version of Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad, providing the same look and feel of its bigger brother Cubasis. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis LE makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Cubasis LE places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
|Features At A Glance|
Functions common to both the US-1x2
- Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamp with −125dBu EIN
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- USB bus-powered for mobile recording
- USB bus power(a micro USB port) for use with iOS devices
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices
- +48V phantom power on microphone input
- Switchable 1/4" high-impedance input
- Microphone preamp gain range of 57 dB
- Direct monitoring function for zero-latency monitoring
- Tough all-metal casing for durability
- Angled design provides excellent usability on a desktop
- RCA output jacks suitable for connection to powered monitors
- Standard TRS headphones output jack
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- Input sound monitoring can be set to stereo or mono
- USB class compliant 2.0 support
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band）